The directors of 24/7 are often the unsung heroes — unsung, even in a musical. (that’s right, you never know what you’re gonna get in 24/7 – someone might write a musical overnight).
Directors get a random script and random cast and have to make it work. And they do. Oh to the yeah. Year after year.
24/7 is Jan 21, 2017. Nothing will be written until 24 hours before that. Then the directors read their script for the first time Saturday morning. Then the fun, action packed day begins – cast, designers, staging, timing, costumes, set, tech, all in one day.
This year we are honored to have the following great line up of 24/7 directors:
- Carol Pedersen
- Chris Kelly
- Claire McGurk Chandler
- Frank Saxons
- Liz Howard
- Richard Cooper
- Tracie Skipper
A few things to mention:
- Five of these directors will be directing their first 24/7 play.
- Tracie brings a designers touch to her directing – watch out!
- Chris once told me, “there’s always room for more ‘camp’!” – so watch out for that, too.
- Liz and Frank will be performing on stage in Guys And Dolls the weekend before, then turning their talents off-stage for 24/7.
- Carol has taught more acting classes than anyone at Live Arts, but this is her first 24/7.
- Richard jumped in hear first to 24/7 last year as and actor; and now feet first, from a higher level, he’s doing it again.
- Claire’s not scared of anything. As an actor, she has had some of the wildest roles in 24/7 history — including a big box store worker singing ballads about adult diapers to a post-modern-pre-appocalyse-cafe-server-dominatrix-type-person.